Veg cheese sandwich recipe – Simple and quick vegetable cheese sandwich recipe to make under 15 mins. This recipe doesn’t need cooking, sauteing or blanching veggies and they are used raw. Making it in a sandwich maker simplifies the task if you are making it for a large family.
However, it can be made on a griddle or Tawa. It is best to make these on tawa when you plan to make only 1 to 2 sandwiches otherwise a sandwich maker is a good choice.
These veg cheese sandwiches taste best when eaten warm or hot.
How to make a veg cheese sandwich
- Since we do not cook the veggies in this recipe it is good to choose those which can be eaten raw like carrots, onions, capsicum, tender sweet corn, spring onions and cabbage. I have used grated carrots, chopped onions, frozen sweet corn and capsicum along with 2 green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Add the chopped veggies to a bowl and sprinkle some herbs if you have otherwise just crushed pepper & red chilli flakes is fine. Add only a generous pinch of salt since cheese is already salted.
- Next add cheese.
- Mix everything well.
- Smear butter over one side of the bread. Spread the veggies with cheese on the other side. Cover with another slice.
- Pop them in a preheated sandwich maker. If you want to make it on a Tawa, heat the pan. Place the sandwiches and press down gently. Toast until golden.
- When they turn golden, the sandwiches are done and the cheese melts by then.
Cool veg cheese sandwiches slightly and halves them.